Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Robocall -- Ghana-style

This is a shortie... the house phone just rang, and truthfully, I usually don't answer it. It's usually not for me -- Sly, Sean or Mike, but never me -- but I just figured since Sly is out of the house it might be him, even though he'd normally call my cell.

Me: Hello

"Hello, this is Nana Akufo Addo. I am running for president of Ghana. I urge you to vote for me on Sunday, 7th December. Tell all of your family and friends... Blah blah blah"

Hah! A robocall in Ghana. I thought that we'd be immune to that over here; we are, after all, registered Democrats.

Ghana! We are moving forward!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Barbara, your blog has had me enthralled in my lunch breaks since I returned from holiday in Accra. (Actually at my desk now, in an investment bank in London, tucking into jollof & red gravy!)
    You have so wonderfully put into words what every obroni thinks when they're in Ghana. (Grrr that timekeeping. We've sometimes been over an hour late for a party only to arrive and be the first ones there!)

    I've been addicted to ur blog, and looking at the comments I'm not the only one (you became an agony aunt/advice lady at one point I think!)

    Wishing you and ur beautiful family all the best.
    Blog again soon pls!

    Karen.

    ReplyDelete